I'm a killer

Post subject: I'm a killer
PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2017 12:06 pm 
420th Member

I haven't done much PvP. The only other guy i killed was some dude in the wrong place at the wrong time and Crazy and i ganked him together, i just happened to get the killing shot. So that kill wasn't really mine. Last night i had my first REAL PvP kill.

Started out with me just hanging out in the Haz Rez near TZ Arietis, which has become so dry lately for some reason btw. While i'm doing my thing, a cutter drops in. I turned on her immediately to see that it is piloted by some baroness that is pledged to Aisling Duval (iirc). She's looking straight at me, possibly waiting for the scan to finish, possibly in the middle of typing "hello friend" when i open up from point blank. She freaks and high-tails it as her shields start dropping. I pursued but couldn't stop her from waking out.

This got my blood going a little, so i decided to start poking around in some enemy territory. While doing some undermining, i see a human Conda about 1,000 ls away that is pledged Li Yong-Rui. He disappears almost immediately after i turn towards him. I didn't see any sign of a wake but there were some Rez's near by so i drop into the nearest Haz. He's not there, but it was stocked and i had some fun.

After a couple of runs to the Rez, i see him again but this time he's in a wing but i can't see his buddy... so it was on. Just as i interdicted him he did an emergency drop from supercruise (he must have done it just before i tethered him). I wasn't going too fast, so i was able to drop on him quickly. His shields melted in a few passes and i started feasting on his hull. Then the cops show up and start blasting me... but he's at 40% hull, so i press. Then his buddy drops in. I didn't even get a chance to see what he was flying, but my shields went almost immediately and my hull was dropping in 15% chunks. I maintained my focus on the conda and caved her (i think the guy tried to combat log as there wasn't an explosion, but it said i killed him in my "recent cmdrs" list). I stowed the guns, put 4 pips to eng and fled. I was able to outrun the enemy easily and jump to the next system. 6% hull remaining. Close, but i killed that bastard!

Oh yeah, the baroness was waiting for me with an elite FAS at Snyder Orbital after our first meeting, here's a pic in the station because without it, this was just a wall of text. :)

Post subject: Re: I'm a killer
PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2017 1:20 pm 
Site Admin

nice.

caught two pythons the other day (in a wing, both had identical ship names. tore the first up, second tried to run. 2 interdictions later, he died while typing "we are both imperial!!!"

only lost one ring of shields on the FDL.

caught a cutter hauling preps for an imperial expansion. took me 5 interdictions to kill that one.

pvp can be addicting.

PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2017 2:56 pm 

Ima bout ready to pull the trigger on purchasing a FDL. Have 65 mil. in the bank, but wanna add 15-20 more before I buy. Then I will start saving for upgrades.

Maybe then I will be able to fight worth a shit. Vulture seems like it needs a more experienced guy than me to be effective, but the FDL has the firepower and shields to make up for my handicap (or so I hope).

Nice work Steve. Did you get some Baroness later on?

BTW, how is the FAS? I hear the FDL is better overall.

PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2017 4:14 pm 
Site Admin

FDL has way better shields than FAS. FAS is a vulture on steriods.

PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2017 9:27 pm 
420th Member

I've a-rated my FAS but the thought of engineering it made me put it away for now. If i ever get hudson's shotguns, i'll bring it out of the dock. I didn't enjoy it as much as the FDL... but i only flew it for a couple of nights.

Stay the course.

Is 65M enough for an FDL? Guess so, but without the heavier armour. Hate flying around in a combat ship with an explorer hull...

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 7:50 am 
Site Admin

https://eddp.co/u/9luQh72p - basic FDL build. 103mil

15% off that if you buy it and all the parts at an LYR station.

if you can stomach solomode, head out to quince and run some data scan missions. all you need is a sidewinder and an SRV

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 9:59 am 

I just plan to purchase the ship and outfit as I continue to make money w/ the Asp.

Money burns a hole in my pocket and I haven't purchased anything in a while.