Hello 420th

Post subject: Hello 420th
PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2016 9:02 am 

Hey all, just saying hello. Love the new website. I flew with you guys a little bit a few years ago. Now that 4.33.1 is out I'm getting back into F4. In the down time I have always been flying, just not BMS. I also do DCS, Cliffs of Dover (over 600 hrs on TF server) and the earlier IL-2. For DCS I own most modules, but with World 1.5 I've dropped off a bit since 8gigs of ram is just not cutting it. So I just started ordering my new PC 1 piece at a time. Its going to be the 6th gen i7 with 32g ddr4. So it will take me some time to get everything I need. But after that I figure I should be good to go for another couple of years, or hopefully 10.

If Ram22 is still playing on an old pentium 1 with 512 ram maybe I should mail him my old Q6600, SLI motherboard, and the ddr2 sticks....LOL.

Once again, good to be back into falcon. I work Fri, Sat, Sun and Mon...4 10s....so I get three days off tues, wends, thurs....If anyone is around during those days I will be gaming most of my existence away. Feel free to send me and invite if you need more ppl.

I also do alot of Arma3, Skyrim, and many more....My steam account is pretty robust.

Davis

Post subject: Re: Hello 420th
PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2016 10:09 am 
420th Member

Oi Davis!

Did i read correctly that you now own a CH Hotas? Man, i would always tell people about "this guy i know who flies as well as anybody with only an x-box controller". How disappointing that you sold-out... ;)

32GB?? Damn... not sure that's justified. My understanding is that 8GB is more than enough for any game... so the bottleneck is likely elsewhere. RAM would only be an issue if you've got a bunch of other programs open while you're playing.

With regards to flying, the "north americans" are putting up regular flights on friday nights. I see that Mud and Tyox are often online during our day, so they might be available while you're off work. Haven't been flying too much during the week due to "life".

Welcome back!

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2016 10:24 am 
420th Member

16GB for DCS 2 is a must really. I went from 8 to 32 and I noticed quite a difference, even in BMS.

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2016 10:56 am 

Yeah, in DCS I can look at task manager and see it at close to 8gig...Once it gets to 8 and starts page filing it goes slide show...

I can do single player and my own missions in the ME...but online play is a no go in DCS without at least 16gig....They even changed their minimum requirements to 16ram on their webpage.....The new game engine looks like its going to take advantage of strongly built systems....

And yeah...I got the full CH setup....finally dropped flying with the 360 gamepad....With the shoulder buttons mapped to shift and control I had it setup with all the TMS, DMS, CMS and Comm buttons...plus room to spare....but in reality I got tired of not having the fine control needed when flying in IL2 CLoD...the 109 bleeds energy is certain situations...the finer controls were necessary to truly compete.

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2016 11:27 am 

one of my other hobbies.....well...I guess this counts as two....airbrushing and firearms...

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2016 2:14 pm 
420th Member

Nice AK man, that the original wood furniture on there? Also whats the optic?

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2016 4:41 pm 

no, not the original wood...but I do still have the original furnitures. Those are plastic furnitures. The optic is a Sight Mark red dot. The ak is really an akm. It was made in Egypt on Russian equipment that Russia sold to Egypt when they did an arms assistance program back in the day.

Long story short, its a Maadi 93'.....Maadi being the name of the Egyptain arms company. 93' being the year it was imported into the US.